Student Visa (Subclass 500)

Unlock Limitless Opportunities In Australia With Student Visa (Subclass 500)
Contact West Global - Best Migration and Education Consultant in Melbourne

What is Student Visa (Subclass 500)?

The Student Visa (Subclass 500) is the visa category that allows international students to study full-time at a registered educational institution in Australia. This visa offers a great opportunity for students to gain world-class education, experience Australian culture, and build a strong foundation for their future careers. Students who are enrolled in any course in Australia that is listed on the CRICOS are eligible to apply for the Student Visa Subclass 500.

This Visa 500 allows them to stay inside Australia while they are enrolled in the course. The visa permits international students to study any full-time programme at any accredited Australian institution for five years or less, but not longer than the duration of their registered course. The student may even bring their family into the nation with this visa. International students can apply for the Student Visa 500 to enroll in any full-time course of their choice that is covered by the Australian visa requirements.

However, there are many rules and regulations that the visa applicants should know of beforehand and follow them for smooth Visa application. Our team of expert education consultants Melbourne can help you explain all the procedures and guide you through the application process.

To be eligible for the Student Subclass 500 Visa, applicants must meet the following basic requirements:

Confirmation of Enrollment (CoE): For the application of Visa 500, evidence of enrollment is mandatory. Hence, applicants must have received a Confirmation of Enrollment from an Australian educational institution for a full-time registered course.

Financial Capacity: Applicant must show financial proof to apply for Subclass 500 Visa. You need to show sufficient funds to cover your tuition fees, living expenses, and travel costs for the duration of your stay in Australia.

Health Insurance: You must hold Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC) throughout their stay in Australia.

Requirement for English Proficiency: You must show English language proficiency through recognized tests like IELTS, TOEFL, or PTE.

Be Genuine Temporary Entrant (GTE): You must prove that you genuinely intend to stay in Australia temporarily for the sole purpose of studying and then return home.

Welfare Arrangements: If you are below 18 years, you will have to make proper welfare arrangements to be eligible for Visa 500.

To be eligible for the Student Visa (Subclass 500), you must meet the following criteria:

Age Requirement: Generally, you must be at least six years old to apply for this visa.

Health and Character Requirements: You must meet certain health and character criteria as specified by the Australian government.

No Outstanding Debts: You should not have any outstanding debts to the Australian government.

Enrollment in a Registered Course: Applicants must be enrolled in a course registered under the Commonwealth Register of Institutions and Courses for Overseas Students (CRICOS).

Character Requirement: You and your family members above 18 years must satisfy the health and character requirement.

No Previous Cancellation Or Refusal: You must not have any previous cancellation and refusal case with the department.

To ensure a smooth application process, here’s a checklist of the documents you’ll need for your Student Visa (Subclass 500) application:

  • Valid Passport
  • Confirmation of Enrollment (CoE)
  • Financial Documents
  • Health Insurance (OSHC) Policy
  • English Proficiency Test Results
  • Statement of Purpose
  • Passport-sized Photographs
  • Health and Character Certificates
  • Visa Application Form

With this Student Visa (Subclass 500), you can enjoy a range of benefits, including:

High-Quality Education: Access world-class education and learning facilities in globally renowned institutions.

Work While Studying: You can work up to 48 hours during your studies to support yourself financially.

Opportunity for Post-Study Work: Eligibility for a Post-Study Work visa after completing certain qualifications.

Bring Family Members: You can bring eligible family members to Australia to accompany you during your studies.

Pathway to Permanent Residency: This visa can be a stepping stone to permanent residency in Australia.

Travel: You get the freedom to travel in and out of Australia

What is the Student Visa 500 cost?
It starts from a minimum of AUD710 and may change according to the courses enrolled.

Can I work while studying on a Student Visa (Subclass 500)?
Yes, you can work up to 48 hours while your course is in session.

How long does it take to process a Student Visa (Subclass 500) application?
Visa processing times can vary based on individual circumstances and peak periods. It is advisable to apply well in advance of your course start date. Contact our Migration agents and Education consultants Melbourne for professional assistance with your Student Visa (Subclass 500) application. West Global, as a leading Migration Agent Melbourne, have a team of experienced Immigration Agents and Education Consultants in Melbourne ready to guide you throughout the process.