Onshore Partner Visa (Subclass 820 & 801)

Embark On A New Journey Together With Onshore Partner Visa 820-801
Consult Our Migration Agent Today!

What is the Onshore Partner Visa (Subclass 820 & 801)?

The Onshore Partner Visa (Subclass 820 & 801) is your pathway to staying and building a life with your partner in Australia. This visa allows you to live, work, and study in Australia while waiting for a decision on your permanent Partner visa (Subclass 801) application. It’s designed to unite couples by granting them the opportunity to live their lives in Australia.

Subclass 820 is a temporary visa, while Subclass 801 is a permanent visa. The visa 801 permits you to reside in the country indefinitely but must fulfill certain rules and regulations. Being the best Migration and Immigration agent in Melbourne, we can guide and help you with smooth Visa processing.

To be eligible for the Onshore Partner Visa (Subclass 820 & 801), you and your partner must meet the following basic requirements:

  • You must be in a genuine and ongoing relationship with an eligible partner who is either an Australian citizen, a permanent resident, or an eligible New Zealand citizen.
  • You must be in Australia when applying and when the visa is granted.
  • You must meet health and character requirements.
  • No outstanding dues.

Relationship Evidence: You need to provide proof of a genuine and committed relationship with your partner, including shared financial responsibilities, living arrangements, social activities, and a history of your relationship.

Temporary Visa (Subclass 820): To be eligible for the temporary visa, you must hold a valid visa that allows you to stay in Australia. You can apply for the temporary Partner visa while you are in Australia.

Permanent Visa (Subclass 801): After a waiting period of approximately two years from the date of lodging your application, you can apply for the permanent Partner visa.

Age: For Subclass 820, you should be above 18 years.

No Rejections: You should not have any previous cancellations or rejections.

Sponsorship Details: To be eligible for Partner Visa 820, you should submit the sponsorship details.

Valid Visa Holder: To apply for Subclass Visa 801, you should be a visa holder of either a dependent child subclass 445 visa or a Partner visa subclass 820.

Our team of experienced migration agents will guide you through the application process. The checklist includes:

  • Valid Passport
  • Completed visa application forms
  • Proof of your relationship
  • Health and character certificate
  • Evidence of temporary visa eligibility
  • Proof of ongoing relationship for the permanent visa

Stay Together: Live, work, and study in Australia while your visa application is being processed.
Access to Healthcare: You will be eligible for Australia’s renowned healthcare system.
Work Opportunities: You can work in Australia, enhancing your career prospects.
Travel Flexibility: Travel to and from Australia as often as possible while the visa is valid.
Permanent Residency: Transition to permanent residency with the Subclass 801 visa.

Can I include my children in the application?
Yes, dependent children can be included in the application.


Can I work while waiting for the permanent visa?
You can work, study, and enjoy life in Australia during the processing period.


Do I need a migration agent for the application?
A: While it’s not mandatory, but a migration agent can provide expert guidance and increase your application’s chances of success.