Offshore Partner Visa (Subclass 309 & 100)

Explore Your Journey Together with the Offshore Partner Visa (Subclass 309 & 100) Consult Our Migration and Immigration Agents Today!

What is the Offshore Partner Visa (Subclass 309 & 100)?

The Offshore Partner Visa, encompassing Subclasses 309 and 100, is designed to unite partners by allowing the visa holder to live, work, and study in Australia with their Australian partner. This two-stage process involves an initial temporary visa (Subclass 309) followed by a permanent visa (Subclass 100), granting you the chance to build a life of stability and happiness together. With Visa 100, you can live in the country for an indefinite time period. You can also apply for the country’s citizenship if you qualify for the eligibility clauses stated by the authority under Visa 100.

For Partner Visa Subclass 309 And 100, you’ll need to meet some basic requirements:

Relationship: You must be in a genuine and committed relationship with an eligible Australian citizen, permanent resident, or eligible New Zealand citizen.

Sponsorship: Your partner must sponsor you and provide evidence of their Australian residency or citizenship status.

Health and Character: Both you and your partner must meet the health and character requirements set by the Australian government.

You may be eligible for the Offshore Partner Visa if:

  • Legally married to or in a de facto relationship with your partner.
  • Proof of your genuine and ongoing relationship.
  • You and your partner meet the age and health requirements.
  • You meet the necessary character standards.
  • No outstanding dues.

Navigating the visa application process can sometimes be difficult and confusing, but our experienced Immigration Agents are here to guide you at every step. The checklist includes:

  • Proof of identity and relationship documents.
  • Health and character assessments.
  • Partner sponsorship details and commitments.
  • Evidence of genuine and ongoing relationship.
  • Financial and accommodation details.

This Offshore Partner Visa comes with many benefits like:

Living Together: This Partner visa 100 permits you to live in the country indefinitely.
Work and Study: With both subclass 100 and Visa subclass 309. You can work and study in Australia.
Healthcare: You get access to Australia’s best healthcare system, Medicare.
Path to Citizenship: After holding a permanent visa for a certain period, you can apply for Australian citizenship.
Travel: With visa 309, you can travel to and from Australia as many times as you wish and with visa 100, you can easily travel to the home country for the first 5 years, but then you need to apply for Resident Reserve.

Can I include my dependent children in my application?
Yes, you can include dependent children in your application.


Is a marriage certificate necessary for a de facto relationship?
No, a marriage certificate isn’t necessary for a de facto relationship; however, you’ll need to provide evidence of your genuine partnership.


Can I work in Australia on Partner Subclass visa 309?
Yes, you can work with Visa 309.


How long can I stay with Visa subclass 309 & 100?
With Subclass Visa 309, you can stay temporarily until you are granted with Subclass 100 visa that lets you stay permanently.